Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Effort 282/83

In effort not to lose all 2 of lovely blog readers, I figure I better post something more than that I didn't take a picture, which I didn't do again today.
How about I tell you a little story about a bike ride gone bad?

Last night I pulled out the pimped out beach cruiser and hauled it to Stockton to go for a ride with Greg, Brandon and Tristell. The plan was to ride to Rene's house. I should have known that it was not going to turn out well when my fancy light refused to work. No worries, I would just stick close to the guys because both of thier bikes had lights. I did have a really cool rear light that looked like a polic light. I'm pretty cool like that.
So Greg and I rode to Brandon and Tristells house to pick them up...and noticed that my rear tire was flat. No worries, thats the joy of rolling with your own personal mechanic. So Greg aired my tire up and we set out to Rene's. Well I only made it about 2 miles when I noticed I was low riding. I look down and sure enough, my back tire is flat. So we all decide to turn around and head back about a mile to a gas station for some fix-a-flat. That lasted about 30 seconds when the tire popped off the rim because it was so flat. Shit! So Greg was nice enough to let me ride his bike and he walked that piece of shit jalopy cruiser to the gas station. I hopped on his bike and made it about another 30 seconds when my flip flop broke. So now its obvious that I am having serious issues. I sucked it up and rode like a little homeless child to the gas station...where it turns out none of us had brought our wallets so we had no money. Double shit. We did get them to turn the air on and put enough air in the tire for Greg and Brandon to haul ass back to Gregs. Me and Tristell just cruised and talked. By the time we got back, the guys had fixed my tire and were checking to make sure it would hold air.

Stupid beach crusier.

0 comments: