Friday, October 22, 2010

Sadie Escapes 292/73


Meet Sadie. She is my friend Greg's dog and I love love love this little brat so much. She is the sweetest little chunk you have ever met (except Momo, no one compares to him). Well, thursday night I got a phone call that Sadie and Sasha had escaped and ran away. He was pretty upset and spent most of the night looking for them, but ended up heading home alone. The problem with Sadie and Sasha is that they are both pit bulls and people have such a bad impression of these wonderful dogs. I was really worried about the girls. Sasha is only a puppy and pretty much glued to Sadies hip, so at least I figured they were together. Friday morning at work I started searching the pound website to see if they had been picked up. I couldnt find them and I was really getting worried that they had gotten hit by a car or something. Then I got a phone call from our other friend Brandon who lives near Greg. He had Sadie and Sasha!!! He was leaving for work and saw them out in his front yard. The problem was that he couldnt take them back to Gregs house because everything was locked up and he couldnt leave them at his house because the girls can't go outside with his dogs. Since I work with Greg and am the biggest sucker in the world for doggies, I volunteered to take his house keys and go pick up the dogs and take them home. When I got there, it was obvious that Sadie had used her chubby little body to bust out and there was no way I was going to be able to keep her contained. Greg said to chain her little escaping ass up and not to worry about Sasha because she won't go anywhere without Sadie. So this was the saddest little face I have ever seen. I felt like a monster chaining her up. I was so worried about her I made her a bed and then went and hid inside the house so I could watch her for a little while to make sure she didn't have a problem being chained up. She immediately layed down and started snoring. Apparently, slutting around town the entire night before had taken its toll.

P.S. Happy 4th Anniversary Travis!!!

0 comments: