Sunday, September 5, 2010

I was born for this 245/120



Early yesterday morning Cody and I hopped on the ferry in San Pedro and headed over to meet up with Dad and some guys from work in Catalina. This was not our first trip to Catalina...but it was the first trip of this kind. I'm not going to exaggerate. It.was.amazing! As soon as we got to the Island we met up with everyone at a bar called Luau Larry's. As soon as I saw all the fancy hats and the signature drink a "wiki wacker" which promised to wack your wicki in the dirt, I knew I wasnt leaving without one. I can't say my wicki hit the dirt, but I can say that was a delicious (and potent) drink. We wanted to head out to the Free Willie and drop our bags off, so we jumped in a water taxi (seriously, how can you not freaking love a place with water taxi's) and headed out to the cove. I had no idea this amazing cove existed. We were moored on the very first line in front of an amazing beach. Of course the second we got on the boat we had to start the drinks flowing. I was quite surprised at the clearness and pretty color of the blue water. While it was not nearly as warm as Mexico, it had a pretty blue that reminded me of Puerto Vallarta. We pretty much spent the entire day swimming and drinking...maybe not in that exact order.
Finally, Dad and the other guys (who were moored next to us) came back to the boats to join us for more drinks and swimming.
Later that night we headed back to town for an incredible seafood dinner. I wish I could say I stayed out and partied til the sun came up, but I was pretty wasted at this point and all I could think about was getting my ass back to the boat. Now some people might think that being falling down drunk and sleeping on a boat in a somewhat rough ocean would be a bad idea. Not me. Clearly I am a pirate at heart and I thrive on this. I put my air mattress and sleeping back on the stern of the boat, snuggled up and let the water rock me to sleep as the music from the beach party drifted out to sing me to sleep. It was deligthful.
I did wake up in the middle of the night and realize that Cody never made it back to the boat. I was slightly alarmed that he had been kidnapped (I just watched the Natalee Holloway movie..cut me some slack) until I realized he probably just missed the last water taxi. Later that morning, about 7:10 to be exact, I heard a motor crusing towards us and looked up to find Cody the lonely little passenger in the first water taxi of the morning. Turns out when they say the last water taxi is at 1:30 a.m. they are not kidding. 1:35 and its a ghost town on the pier. haha
I can not wait to go back.

2 comments:

co-dizzle said...

we MUST go back soon!

co-dizzle said...

supposedly mexico is happening soon.. tho i don't wanna die so i dunno......