Saturday, December 11, 2010

Disneyland 341/24



This was the first time Travis has been to Disneyland in nearly 15 years! It was also the first time that we have ever been to Disneyland together. We had so much fun. I have never seen Disneyland decorated for Christmas before and neither of us could get over how ginormous the tree on Main Street was. I'm talking enormous! Of course that meant that the two crane nerds were trying to figure out the logistics of how it was assembled and whether they used a crane or a lift. Yeah, we are that cool.
I was surprised that the lines were pretty reasonable. I think that its partially due to winter break not starting until next week. Whatever the reason, it was pretty darn nice. Plus I had a super cool app on my iPhone that navigated the lines.
We hung out in the park and rode Indiana Jones, which I informed Travis was pretty similar to riding with him in the jeep on the rubicon. We also went on the Haunted Mansion, which was an entirely new ride for Christmas and of course there is no way I am leaving that park without riding Pirates and Buzz Lightyear. Travis loved Buzz Lightyear, no big surprise there and I totally kicked his ass on that ride!
Later in the afternoon we headed to downtown Disney for some drinks and appetizers. It was so nice to just relax and stroll around, not really caring if we had anywhere to be or anything to do. We went back to the hotel to sleep off our drinks and finally woke up around 8. There was a Bucca Di Beppos right across from our hotel so we walked over and had a great Italian dinner celebrating my last night as a 27 year old.

0 comments: