Sunday, December 19, 2010

You work on commission right?? 349/16


Today I headed up to the Galleria with the rest of Northern California the weekend before Christmas. I wasn't really planning on doing Christmas shopping. All I really wanted was to pick up an indestructible dog bed. I've decided to invest the money into a life time garuntee rather than keep spending money on dog beds that Ollie eats.
Anyways, after I picked up the dog bed and loaded it into the truck I decided to wander around a little bit and see if I could pick up one final Christmas gift.
I knew that I wasn't decked out in my finest evening gown, but I felt like I was decent enough in a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. OK, my boots were a bit on the muddy side, but it wasnt like I was wearing my pajamas or my hooker outfit.
I walked into the first store and the sales lady puckered up her face like she was sucking on lemons when she saw me. Then she asked if there was anything she could help me with in a very not so subtle way that indicated I was too poor and trashy to afford her clothes. I told her that I was just browsing. Ok, I guess I should admit that I was getting a kick out of her obvious rudeness so I had to play the role. I started smacking my gum, talking like a country bumpkin and pretended to have sticker shock when I saw the price of the scarf. She was on my ass like white on rice. It was quite entertaining.
Eventually I got bored and went to the shop next door where I bought a beautiful scarf (not the one pictured above).
I wanted to stop back by the first store swinging my bag and tell her off the same way Julia Roberts did in Pretty Woman.

0 comments: